This winter, The Public League debuted its football recruiting database. The feedback was great. It helped some of the Chicago Public League’s football players connect with college coaches, which led to scholarship offers.
Now, The Public League is building a recruiting database for Chicago Public League basketball players.
The goal is to create a database that college coaches and recruiting experts can visit to view players’ highlight videos and information. There is so much talent in the city. So many players are overlooked and/or under-recruited. This list will hopefully make it easier for basketball players from Chicago to get exposure, get recruited and find the right college program for them.
The list is going to be broken down into graduation years — 2017, 2018, etc. — and positions. It will hopefully be published at some point in the next two weeks.
If you would like yourself, your son or your player(s) to be included in the database, please submit the following information to The Public League via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), direct message on Twitter or Facebook message.
- Note: This can be a new-age position like point-forward, stretch-four, stretch-five, etc.
- A link to the highlight video you’d like to share.
- Preferably, these are highlights from the 2016-2017 season. However, the video can also be from AAU, a previous season, a single game, etc.
- Optional, but recommended: Statistics from the 2016-17 season.
- Optional, but highly recommended: A link to your social media account where college coaches can contact you.
Lastly, this list will be updated indefinitely. There is no deadline to submit your information. Feel free to send it at any time.